Saturday, December 31, 2011

We Bought a Zoo


Let's just say I saw it for the second time today and am anxiously anticipating my third with my Grandmother this weekend. I have been ranting about this film since I saw it and here are my reasons why:

1) Jonsi. If you don't know who he is, well you should probably YouTube him right this very instant. I think he is the most talented musician out there and apparently Cameron Crowe does too, which is why he asked Jonsi to compose the score for the film. There were several moments in the film where Crowe's use of Jonsi's music were just absolutely breathtaking, the kind of moments you don't want to end. Jonsi makes everything come alive. He is simply magical.

2) Rosie, the world's cutest little girl, ever. "Say peaches!"


3) Matt Damon. Another excellent performance to add to the list.

4) Not only was the film so very heartwarming (I cried the entire way through), but it is incredibly well written and everything seems to tie together perfectly. I'm not going to give anything away, so you will just have to pick up on the script's cleverness when you (hopefully) see the film! Why not?

5) We Bought a Zoo is based on the true memoir by Benjamin Mee (played by Matt Damon) and a real zoo, Dartmoor Zoological Park. How cool?!

 Matt Damon with the real Benjamin Mee!

Check out the song Gathering Stories from the film which was actually co-written by Jonsi Birgisson and Cameron Crowe. It's been on repeat the last three days.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment